Welcome to the user portal of the Ibero-Amerikanisches Institut.
Ibero-Amerikanisches Institut provides three networks:
- WLAN-Portal – Using this network you only get access to the user portal. Here you can change your password,
manage your registered devices and find more information about our Wi-Fi.
When you connect to this network and open your browser you will be automatically connected. If this does not happen, please enter the address manually:
- WLAN-IAI – Using this network you can access the internet after successful registration. Your electronic device is registered to use the Wi-Fi service for one year.
- eduroam – Using this network students, staff and scientists of educational and research institutions can get worldwide internet access. Further information can be found here.
I declare that I do not commit rights violations in the context of the use of the Wi–Fi and agree to the Terms of Service. Among rights violations fall in particular:
Copyright law Infringements, especially illegal uploads or downloads of files or software.
Criminal offences, such as the distribution of certain information, e.g.
- Incitement to hatred (German Criminal Code, Section 130)
- Attempting to cause the commission of offences by means of publication (German Criminal Code, Section 130a)
- Dissemination of depictions of violence (German Criminal Code, Section 131)
- Offences of defamation (German Criminal Code, Sections 185 to 189)
- Distribution of pornographic performances (German Criminal Code, Sections 184 to 184d)
- Acquisition of juvenile pornography (German Criminal Code, Sections 184c)
- Unlawful accessing or sharing other internet user´s data
Destruction of data or software
Destruction of data or software, such as adulteration or destruction of other library user´s data. This applies especially to the distribution of computer viruses.
Hindering network services
Hindering network services, that is: Obstruction or disruption of network operation or other Wi-Fi users, e.g. unsecured experimenting within the network, such as attemps to crack passwords or massive network loads, disadvantaging other network users.
In order to use our Wi-Fi we request a secure password. Since the Wi-Fi login uses your user account, a one-time password change is required.
- Your old password is either your initial password or (if already changed) your OPAC password.
- Your initial password is your date of birth in the format ddmmyy.
- Your new password is not only valid for Wi-Fi but for all account services, including OPAC.
The new password should contain at least six and at most 32 characters, including at least 1 alphabetical character, 1 numerical character, 1 special character.
- alphabetical: Aa … Zz
- numerical: 0 … 9
- special characters , ; . : – _ # ' + * ! " $ % & / ( ) = ?
Please note: Your new password can be used immediately to log in into your user account. Wi-Fi login may require a waiting period of 30 minutes.
If you cannot change your password here, e.g. in case you forgot your password, you can request a password reset at the help desk.